Hi I’m Henry, the founder of Integrate Sports. I am a UKSCA accredited practitioner with 10 years’ experience supporting youth and elite athletes from a range of sports and backgrounds. I have worked with world champions and Olympic medallists and recently prepared athletes for Tokyo 2020 in my previous role with the English Institute of Sport. I am a lecturer in strength and conditioning at Hartpury University, where I teach across a range of programmes, and lead the strength and conditioning programme for Hockey Wales.
I believe that aspiring athletes deserve the opportunity to gain access to elite-level training programmes, to bring you closer to your ambitions. I understand the challenges faced when seeking out high-quality strength and conditioning as an aspiring athlete, and so I set out to provide a solution to this.
My philosophy is that relationships are at the heart of coaching, so I take a personal approach to working with you. Developing trust is a central component of this, so I will do everything I can to support your ambitions. With this in mind, I approach coaching with a long term view. I believe in this approach because the longer a coach and athlete work together, the stronger the understanding and trust becomes. Ultimately this means that we can go further together.
My experience spans primary and secondary education, higher education, pathway international athletes, senior international athletes and Olympic/Paralympic medallists. Some of my key experiences have included:
- Lecturer in Strength and Conditioning, Hartpury University (2021-present)
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, English Institute of Sport (2019-2022)
- Strength and Conditioning Coach, Welsh Senior Women’s Hockey (2017-2019)
- Head of Strength and Conditioning and Physical Education Teacher, Cheltenham College (2012-2020)
I have a range of industry-leading qualifications from education and performance sport, including the gold standard UK Strength and Conditioning Association Accredited Status:- Masters in Research (MRes)
- BSc (Hons) Sports Biomedicine and Nutrition (First Class Honours)
- UKSCA Accredited Strength and Conditioning Coach
- PGCE with Qualified Teacher Status - Physical Education
- EXOS Performance Specialist
- EXOS Phase One Performance Mentorship
- UKAD Accredited Anti-Doping Advisor
- Child Protection and Safeguarding